cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Please bring back the volume slider in quick settings.

(Topic created: 09-29-2023 10:24 AM)
Galaxyboy1998
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I cannot fathom why you guys removed this. I used it every single day. It was a useful feature and like they say "if it's not broke, don't fix it". I've never felt like you guys were taking a step backwards, but you are here.

It takes more steps & more time to hold the sound button, then go into the volume page in settings when prior, you could do it all from your lock screen with one tap of the word "Sound" underneath it's icon in quick settings.
6 Replies
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Please tell me how,
Double-tapping screen or fingerprint unlock - pulling down status bar - pulling down notification - pulling down quicksettings - using slider

Is less steps than,
Pressing physical volume buttons
Galaxyboy1998
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
That is how I preferred to do it. There's nothing wrong with having preferences.

And also consider that holding down the flashlight icon brings up the slider for the flashlight brightness. Still within quick settings. Oh and wifi, and Bluetooth.

They could also do that for sound, as they have (still do off the beta). So you're in support of them nixing features just because that don't make a lick of difference? If you still want to press your buttons, you can do so. I preferred the quick settings.
Options
Suggestions
I found it faster to

-open the stock music app
-play a song
-touch the sound adjustment
-set preference
-pause song
-dismiss the now playing notification in the shade
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
nirajk
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

I completly agree. With One UI 5.1 you could press the sound button's text label and the sliders would open up. Now it just toggles between the three sound options.

I've noticed this new version has removed a lot of functionality from the quick settings panel where you could press the label of a toggle to bring up a sub-menu

nirajk
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Even with the recent update to One UI Home, this feature is not put back. 

I'm pretty sure this is a bug - Samsung didn't intend to break this feature or remove it.

0 Likes