Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Power Management

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 04:08 AM)
Alkeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
We need more control of what app/apps to use in our phone. Samsung need to give us the option to uninstall/disable apps that pre  installed like Bixby, Messages and Home launcher I like to be able use what I like. These apps most of the time run in the background unless you go and disable their access to data. Some other that consume more power than necessary example my new Bud pro 2 manager will consume power even if didn't use it (see pic) 

5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Suggestions
Services that run in the background have a purpose. If they weren't, you would be complaining about why this and that not working.

If you want full control, you should look into PinePhone. Interestingly, you would end up automating your control the same way Samsung is doing now
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Bixby is a system required app even for routines so that is def a no.

Messages is kinda disabled since it doesn't do anything when you aren't using it in terms you are using another messaging app.

Home launcher is also part of the system so that is a no and disabling that would cause more issues.
0 Likes
Alkeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
For what routine bixby is required? As for home launcher once you installed another should disable it and any background activity but this does not happened with Samsung One UI.
0 Likes
Nochlab1
Halo
Options
Suggestions
The recent screen is tied to the launcher for the past few years
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Exactly
0 Likes