Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Quick panel one-handed functionality

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 07:26 AM)
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
An enhanced Quick Panel design with an option to use an easy one hand experience with an extra swipe which provides a better overall design and functionality. 

Concept by: Ben (@BennettBuhner from Twitter. Developer of ProUI)

5 Replies
GianL
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
No, theres so much empty space for more
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Exactly. People want to be able to reach the controls without having to utilize both hands. That's the whole purpose of calling it "One" UI.
GianL
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Can you not reach the top right of the screen? I get the top left for some people but i can very easily reach everything else.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

DrFed
Comet
Options
Suggestions
The new expanded Quick tiles seems like an attempt by Samsung to change something simply for the sake of making One UI 6 look different. The old one was better because it offered similar functionality with one-handed use. I'm fine with making things look different, but at least the panel should allow for "pulling down" so that the thumb can easily reach the toggles. This was one of the guiding design principles behind One UI. Also, in the past, touching the buttons had a toggle effect, whereas touching the text lead to a settings shortcut. This was good, please bring this back. Also, the new panel doesn't have much of a visual difference between light and dark mode, and IMHO this is an error. Perhaps a white frosted glass appearance when in light mode would have been more consistent with the light vs dark esthetic (as seen with the actual notifications).
0 Likes