Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS Availability !

(Topic created on: 12/6/20 11:08 AM)
Dragos909
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I am totally disappointed with Samsung ! A simple service as RCS is not enabled on a 1300$ phone. I mean, why does the end user have to jump through hoops and loops to get a service as simple as that enabled on an unlocked device ! On this aspect i have to say, that all android manufacturers should learn from Apple ! It's sad and disappointing ! 

14 Replies
Dragos909
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Did you use the IMS settings hack in order to enable RCS ?
0 Likes
DMedina559
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
yeah
0 Likes
Kp2624
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
been using Google messages with rcs with no issues on my unlocked Ultra 20 on T-Mobile
0 Likes
userzaGxv5lB0H
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
@Dragos909 First, install Carrier Services. Then restart the phone. After it restarts, turn off Wi-Fi and then open Google Messages to enable chat features. I had to follow these steps with my unlocked Note 20 Ultra and my girlfriend's s20 ultra. Both times it worked
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Dragos909 ,

RCS functionality has been one of the top requested functionality through out beta program. We understand concern but samsung Messages itself has the RCS functionality ,enabling or disabling it depends on carrier. For ex. T-mobile Note 20 should have no problem using RCS in samsung messages version as unlocked device.

Regards

One Ui Beta team.