Original topic:

RCS Support

(Topic created: 11-24-2020 09:37 AM)
Dragos909
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Good day,

Since Google started implementing RCS on a large scale, bypassing the carriers, why can't Samsung do the same, at least for the unlocked versions of the samsung phones, and get on board with google? In 2020 Samsung phones, in terms of software are the next big thing to google pixels. So if Samsung does not want to spearhead the simple things like bringing RCS support to their phones, why would a Samsung user maintain their loyalty and not jump on board straight with google? I think bottom line is that, everything we need to be able to use RCS is already on the phones themselves. So why not break the lock and allow the users to progress, technologically speaking? 
5 Replies
Lucifermammon
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I agree as I prefer using samsung messages.
0 Likes
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
You can actually enable RCS on Samsung Messages. Surprisingly, it's very easy to do and only takes about five minutes. Head over to the Note 20 Ultra's XDA page and you'll find the tutorial right on there.

Why didn't Samsung include this on their phone? Who the heck knows, but based on the fact that it's available and works, they most likely didn't want to enable the feature due to so many of their customers wanting it (which is a pretty dumb reason to not implement an important feature)...
Dragos909
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
since I am using the beta, I tried the IMS configuration, but it doesn't work for some reason

Update*

I enabled the RCS Switch under the IMS settings using the Google phone app and restarted the phone. Now it looks like RCS works, however I don't get the blue bubbles for the chat messages. Google Messages still won't connect to chat regardless of what I am trying to do.

I don't get it ! it's such a simple feature, but yet again, the manufacturers and the Carriers make it so hard to use.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Dragos909
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Dear Beta Team !

Your standard comments do not warm up the community at all, if you guys can not tell us when a basic feature like RCS that is already on the phones but just not unlocked for the end user to benefit from them, will be available ! I mean, why should an end user continue to pay 1300$ for a phone if they can not use the full benefits of that phone ? might as well go with apple. 🤣