Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RCS for Samsung messages

(Topic created: 10-08-2020 08:15 PM)
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I know some carriers released it but that is few and far between. I also know samsung are working with Google to release RCS for Samsung messages and bypass the carriers. I'm a Google messages user myself so I already have it but It would be great if in the final build RCS could be fully rolled out to samsung messages in full. If you're not gonna replace samsung messages with google messages (which I'm all for and think should happen) it would be nice if RCS could finally be released to samsung in full. At this point it's just taking far to long for it to be released. Google messages is on every android phone except Samsung. Samsung is the final straw in making unified texting for android happen
8 Replies
zachjf2021
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I agree
Smithereens
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
The only thing samsung messages has over Google messages is being able to set a time in the future to send a message.
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Exactly and when google releases that feature they don't have anything else over them. I have seen a ton of articles and forums online stating when google releasees that feature on people will switch from Samsung to google messages. it's just a matter of time
Paladin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Agreed, if Samsung and Google actual teamed up, they would be a force to be reckoned with
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.

DrFed
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I thought Samsung messages already had RCS. At least on T Mobile it seems to have RCS features.
Lebanski
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It does fully on T-Mobile but not on verizon, att, or any others. They are dragging their feet so google is teaming up to bypass the carriers
userfFaBkoUZi6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
https://youtu.be/NrufyCrVYkU Hey guys I found this video that helps you activate RCS on your stock Samsung message app and it works I have a unlock s20 ultra phone using T-mobile as my provider and I was able to activate RCS incase some people don't know unlock version of Samsung phones don't have the option to activate RCS so this is a good way to bypass your carrier to activate RCS