Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Ram Plus needs some options.

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 08:54 AM)
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Please create an on/off switch for the new RamPlus feature. And a way to choose how much of your internal storage is used for RAM Plus.
It really makes me feel like you just took 4Gb of my storage away and added a non-stop running process to my Android OS. I don't think you should be just forcing us to lose the option to op-out of Ram Plus because I need all my storage and I already have 6.7-5.7 Gb free memory at all times with out it. I happen to realize that the internal storage memory is not the same speed or even comparable to the speed of the on-board (Random Access Memory). It takes longer and has a longer delay to use the storage chip as virtual ram. I just want it gone. There's not a good enough reason to further fatigue our internal storage chip prematurely to have this feature when we never even come close to using our 12-16 Gb of ram the s20/s21 ultras already come with to begin with. At least let us switch it off and select how much is to be used if we can't remove it. I'm getting a bad impression from the way this was done.
4 Replies
Options
Suggestions
They actually thought about this AFTER getting rid of the SD card slot. I had to get the biggest capacity s21 they had because of that, it would have been nice to have ram plus as side benefit as well as expandable memory back! šŸ˜©
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
RAM Plus makes *ZERO* sense on the higher end phones like the 21 Ultra, and even on an S21 base model.

This was originally designed and released for the mid-range phones, which might benefit from it.

I'll assume all phones are getting it because it's in the core of the modified OS.

So yea, would be nice to "turn it off"
userQCe6lZIorW
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Ram Plus doesn't seem necessary even on the base model s10. And taking away our ability to add more storage with an SD card expansion slot really hurt. Now we are having our internal storage chipped away with RAM Plus. I really want a Samsung phone over iPhone but there are a lot of other brands out there that would work fine that come with an SD slot. I'm not trying to be difficult with this mention, I'm just a consumer trying to make a choice for the best options for the money I spend on my device next time. Your company made us pay $1299.99 for the S21 ultra and took away the charger, the SD expansion, and now you're finding ways to eat out existing storage as well. This is not good. These aren't features I ever want happening to my device. You're making the decision my next phone purchase pretty easy. You guys need to turn this around because you're losing our interest by attacking our phones capabilities like this. For the money we give for these phones they should be more. Other companies are offering a lot more for half the price. Turn it around please, for everyone's sake. It's starting to make better sense to go with another company. Again, I'm not trying to be difficult, but are you? I've always liked Samsung devices over Apples. I have 3 Samsung TVs around our home and 5 Samsung phones. Your making it too easy for customers to buy from a new company. It's immoral.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes