Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Removable pre-installed apps

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 07:11 AM)
Options
Suggestions
It's about time Samsung gives some respect to their loyal customers and make pre-installed apps that can be installed from the Samsung or play stores uninstallable by the user.  We don't need Samsung forcing us to have apps on our devices that are readily available to download if we do choose to do so.  You are taking away storage space that WE paid for and should be under our control.  Fine, you can place these apps on our devices but you don't have the right to block us from removing them.   Unless there's some imbedded functions of the app into Samsung's Android variant then that's understandable, but you best make the need known.  It's especially wrong if Samsung profits off of installing these apps through same sort of arrangement or financial kick-back.  I don't need 2 calendar, 2 clock, 2 keyboard, 2 messaging, 2 contacts apps installed...  This goes for your TVs as well. I don't use Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc... And they can't be removed.  They take up space for other apps I do want. TV storage is limited. 
18 Replies
Options
Suggestions
But if I want to use the Google version of an app I should be able to uninstall the Samsung version. Sometimes the app cannot even be disabled and not only does it take up storage space, it uses up battery, cpu processing and RAM memory. What's the purpose of having 2 apps run on a phone that do the same job? If they won't let you uninstall an app the better let you completely disable it.
Sammyfanboi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I posted the same suggestions few weeks ago. It's about time Samsung/ Android understand and respect the users. I was using iphone for few weeks last month and was blown away by lack of bloat & and you can delete everything
Options
Suggestions
You don't actually delete anything, you are just disabling and removing it from the infinite rows of icons
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
They're just taking cues from daddy Google. Try uninstalling YouTube, Google messages, Chrome or anything to do with assistant.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
for my money, if it's a Google app, it's bloatware
0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Netflix Hulu and Disney are because of your carrier, not Samsung.
0 Likes
UsrGlxy
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I agree with you. People don't need to be rude.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Suggestions
Netflix, hulu and Disney example was on my Samsung TV (applies to all product lines) TV has no carrier...
0 Likes