Original topic:

Remove ads

(Topic created on: 11/8/20 11:52 PM)
Charlie
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Hello One UI team,

Do you think is completely right to have ads in the built-in Samsung's apps?? NO! It's not right at all, we (customers) pay a lot of money for these devices and it's unacceptable to get ads everywhere. Therefore, there should not be a single ad on flagship devices... Why? 'cause we didn't pay $1000+ so that Samsung can fill our phones with ads...

Apps that contain ads (currently)
1. Weather app
2. Game Launcher 
3. Galaxy Store
4. Music
5. Samsung Pay

Weather app

Game Launcher

Galaxy Store

Music app

Samsung Pay

3 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

JOHNNOONAN
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I wholeheartedly agree. Ads in stock apps on my 1300 dollar phone are insulting. This is why I replace Samsung apps everytime.
Charlie
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Yeah man! stuff like this just makes me want to ditch my Galaxy Note20 Ultra and just keep my iPhone. This is unacceptable and a really bad move from Samsung, by doing this kind of stuff just shows that they don't really care about keeping customers happy, I also stopped using Samsung's apps because of the annoying ads, but you can't uninstall them all. The only app I use daily is Samsung pay, and every time I open it, an ad pops up 🤦🏻:male_sign: