Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Repost Hide camera selfie dot on screen

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 07:37 PM)
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
I had to repost this because someone had thought that i meant the green dots on the corner of the screen telling you that the camera is being used when thats not what I meant but when I was able to respond the samsung@USBetaModerator had already said thanks for the suggestion and has been passed onto the project manager and all that stuff and is reviewing the content i had replied to the samsung usbeta moderator asking if they knew that i meant the physical camera selfie dot and not the green dot notification camera being used at the corner of the screen i didn't get a reply back now I'm reposting the suggestion of the hiding the physical camera selfie dot on the screen I have screen shots of the replies to the original thread suggestion I'm hoping that by doing the repost that the Samsung usbetamoderater will see this and say if they knew that I meant the actual physical camera selfie dot and not the green dot camera being used notification at the corner of the screen and hopefully say that they passed on the suggestion to the project manager and whatever else like they did before I just don't want my suggestion to be misunderstood and implemented the wrong way

Can we get a feature that I'm suggesting it's where we can hide the camera dot on the screen of the galaxy s21s like you can hide the camera dots on the galaxy fold and flip screens like by turning off the pixels on the screen down to the bottom of the front physical camera selfie dot from the top of the screen the camera dots can be annoying and distracting

0 Likes
10 Replies
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
Here are the screenshotsScreenshot_20211013-211806_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20211013-211810_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20211013-223852_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Suggestions
here is what I think I know about cameras hidden in screens.
the glass over the camera would have to have pixels in it that the OS can turn on and off. that way on those two phones they can cover the camera hole with colored pixels to match the screen. it is my understanding there are no pixels over the camera hole on the S21 ultra. therefore they could not turn them on or off and cover the camera hole.
ergo, it would not be possible as the hardware does not support this.
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
I know that the current gen galaxy fold and I think maybe flip have underscreen selfie cameras I was talking about the phones that don't have underscreen selfie cameras where they can turn off the pixels around the physical camera selfie dot from the top of the screen to the bottom of the physical camera selfie dot
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
For future clarification, refer to it as the "Camera Punch hole"
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
Thanks
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I think I understand now you would have them just make like a bar for the notification area that was black like the camera hole.. so that way they would just be a black bar hiding the camera hole. I think some older phones did have that now that you mention it. it would not be hard to program such a thing, just a matter of them doing it I guess to make it an option.
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
That is what I mean
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
One thing I think that they could do to make the feature suggestion better is that instead of just turning off the pixels around the camera punch hole to make a black bar that just covers part of the picture is to automatically adjust the picture so nothing is cropped out of the viewable picture when the pixels are turned off to make the black bar and revert the viewable picture back to full screen when you turn off the black bar around the camera punch hole maybe even make that setting a quick settings panel toggle
0 Likes
anonym0us
Star
Options
Suggestions
One thing I think that they could do to make the feature suggestion better is that instead of just turning off the pixels around the camera punch hole to make a black bar that just covers part of the picture is to automatically adjust the picture so nothing is cropped out of the viewable picture when the pixels are turned off to make the black bar and revert the viewable picture back to full screen when you turn off the black bar around the camera punch hole maybe even make that setting a quick settings panel toggle
0 Likes