Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung Health

(Topic created: Friday)
Archimedes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

I basically don't use Samsung Health anymore, especially step tracking, and it's become just a minor battery drain. I would like to be able to either uninstall it, block notifications from the watch version, or opt out of step tracking entirely.

2 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Archimedes,

Thank you for your suggestion. 

There are non-health related Watch faces without "step counts", but we will keep your voice under consideration. 

For Samsung Health, you may turn off the app notifications (Samsung Health / Samsung Health Monitor) on your phone that does not meet your interest. 

Again, thanks for your suggestions about Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Archimedes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

You appear to have misunderstood. 

My suggestion is to be capable of uninstalling Samsung Health or disabling the app tracking anything at all, effectively turning the feature off and saving some measure of battery life, if only a negligible amount.

I do not mean this in reference to a watch face.

The notifications in question cannot currently be turned off, it seems, because they are linked to Samsung Health on my watch independent of my phone, e.g. "Will you meet your goals today?", "You met one of your goals!".

I do not want these notifications, but I have discovered that there is no way to turn these off. The best I have managed is to make my goals something fake and unrealistically high so as to only be bothered once per day or so.

I appreciate your time and consideration, and thank you for reading the details of what I meant.

0 Likes