Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung Messages UI Cleanup

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 03:46 PM)
Saifu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
These are suggestions I have for the Samsung Messages app. In the meantime since we do not have Google Messages by default we'll just have to focus on getting Samsung Messages improved. If I think of anymore I will just create another comment underneath this post.

- Allow us to rename Group Messages
- Allow us to archive messages just like Google Messages
- Show timestamp on most recent message (hide others) and allow us to check timestamps of other messages by tapping on it (similar to Google Messages & iMessage)
- Center contact info at the top of the screen for messages 
- Make timestamps closer to Google Messages & iMessage by making timestamps appear underneath message instead of on the side
0 Likes
8 Replies
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Suggestions
(Like) Totally agree and the new update looks even more old, outdated. Being a phone of more than $1k samsung should focus on their msg app and should make extra effort to stand out from rest.
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I would also like to suggest going back to lighter grey behind the conversion list, and the eradication of "view all" in longer texts.
0 Likes
Arquell
Star
Options
Suggestions
I agree with post 100%
0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Also add the reactions feature from Google messages
0 Likes
daftfunk24
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
Why not just download Google messages if the Samsung app isn't to the standards? That's what I did and I have no regrets
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I had Messages as well, but found one flaw... Even with RCS chat features being supported, I couldn't send my wife certain files, such as PDF documents via text from my S21 Ultra to her S21 Ultra because she was using regular Samsung Messages, and Visa versa... She couldn't send me documents either... When we are both on Samsung Messages, it works, but not when one of us is using one, and the other person is using another messaging app (ie Google to Samsung or Samsung to Google - Both RCS Chat enabled)
0 Likes
daftfunk24
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
That's crazy I would have never thought about an issue like that.. good to know, I have seen similar issues but it's been a while since then.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Saifu ,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Your suggestions have been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes