Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung calendar persistent reminder notifications

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 12:18 PM)
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
It would be nice if there was an option for calendar reminder notifications to persist until they are manually dismissed. For example rebooting your phone will lose any calendar reminders that were there. This ability is the main reason I use a 3rd party calendar app.

It would be nice to have this built in to the stock samsung calendar app. Thanks for considering this...
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I use Google Calendar, and tested this ... created an entry 7 minutes into the future and set a reminder for 5 minutes before, then waited a couple minutes. Got the notification, didn't tap on it, but rebooted the phone.

When it recovered and settled down, the notification did not persist.

I will test with other apps, but I think this would be standard behavior
0 Likes
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Thanks for testing it out on Google Calendar. I'm a bit unusual, with some of my calendar appointments representing bill payments and other repeating events. I'll set them for a few days ahead of the due date so I know it needs to get done soon.

If my phone restarts before I get to them then they go away I've missed a few payments not thinking about it again.

Probably a better way to handle those kinds of things, but the persistent reminders in some calendar apps have let me keep going with it...
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I do the same - set calendar reminders for bills for three days in advance, in addition to a reminder for 3 hours before, then 30 mins before

Google Calendar let's you set the reminders as a Notification and via email, so if I miss a Notification, I'll get the email reminder šŸ™‚
GalaxySizedRod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Use Reminders or ToDo instead of Calendar.
Or put a calendar widget that list upcoming events on the AOD , on your homescreen, or on that weird page that's to the left of the lock screen. Screenshot_20210928-122113_One UI Home_15648.jpgScreenshot_20210928-122130_One UI Home_15649.jpg
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @LakeRacer4TheWin ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
user9AvVWLLKlT
Constellation
Options
Suggestions

I use Calendar Notifications, with persistent notifications.

0 Likes
Cbl1
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions

That unexpected behavior caused me to miss many important and unimportant events.  Logically, I still need it to remind me if i don't dismiss it. šŸ˜”

0 Likes