Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung messages, longer texts and "VIEW ALL"

(Topic created: 09-27-2023 12:57 PM)
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I am trying to give Samsung messages one more try. One of the major reasons why I don't use it is the "view all" as the only way to open longer messages.
I've never seen it in any other message app. 

Accessabily and usability seem important to Samsung, and I believe this could be addressed in this beta. 
Please consider doing away with this extra step to read a message. 
Thoughts? (besides using Google messages lol) 

9 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree, that's one of the reasons why I don't use Samsung Messages, Also there is limited customization. Google and Verizon messages are much better.
BayouBoy3
Comet
Options
Suggestions
What's Samsung messages?
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
It's the native message app that's also on your phone. (may be regional) some places replaced it completely with Google messages I think
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

ImRyan
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I use textra. It's tons better and I've never had any issues that so many other people had with messaging apps during the entire beta tests. In fact, I was having problems getting texts from a friend who is with AT&T and I tried Samsung messenger, Google messenger and still had problems with them then I tried Textra as I've used it before and no more problems. And this was before beta testing so I just suggest if people don't like Samsung or Google messages try Textra. It's free and it's awesome and fully customizable.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree that Textra is a great sms app. I used to use it before I started using Google Messages. It's got lots of great customizations. And yes, during times when one message app or another isn't working properly, it's good to have in your hip pocket.
I recently tried to go back to it but it doesn't sync up with my tablet.
I'll just keep using Google Messages unless Samsung's gets a revamp.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Oh you are using a tablet. I use it on my S23 Ultra. I don't message on my tablet. It's unfortunately not connected to my mobile network because I got it from Amazon and it doesn't even take a sim card and TMOBILE said even an esim wouldn't work so I just use it on my mobile Hotspot. I don't have wifi where I live because it's too rural but I get 100 gigs of Hotspot a month so it's good that TMOBILE offers it.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Nice! I also bought my tablet from Amazon/Samsung... It's WiFi only as well. But it syncs up with Google Messages through my phone. Samsung message doesn't seem to sync at all.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Oh ok I understand now. I never tried to synch my messages on both. I got the S6 Lite 2022 edition. I really like it.