Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Scheduled Restart removed

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 03:36 AM)
Shawn765
Explorer
Options
Suggestions
The ability to choose the time when my phone would auto restart has been removed. 

I get it that some people need set and forget. But there are others that need to know when their device is going to be unreachable. 

Anyone who is on-call needs to know that the phone is going to receive calls and notifications while they sleep. Such as first responders and others.
Especially those that get called by computer systems.

In the old software I picked the time and day when it could reboot. With the new setting it's when the phone decides.

Sine the phone is unreachable for a few minutes, I'm unreachable. When the phone has restarted its not fully logged in and you may miss notifications. See screen shot.

Please revert back or combine the two methods for user choice.

Cover image

Screen shot appears not to be attaching. Here is the text 
from the setting screen...

< Auto optimization Device care automatically performs optimizations to keep your phone running smoothly. This includes closing background apps and cleaning memory. 

Restart when needed Restart your phone automatically to keep it in the best condition. 
Automatic restarts will only happen when you're not using your phone.

After your phone restarts, you need to unlock it before you can receive notifications from some apps and see the names of incoming callers.

1 Reply
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes