Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Screen on animation refinement

(Topic created: 08-11-2023 05:07 PM)
Casosix
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I love the new animation similar to stock Android that fades in the wallpaper on screen on with the power key or double tap. Very nice detail, but I feel that it's almost... Too subtle. It's not very apparent that the animation exists.

Possible solutions:

Make this animation a bit more apparent by increasing the contrast at the barrier between light and dark. 

Change the animation curve to have an ease in-out curve (see attachment) to enhance the animation. I really like how it is interruptible, nonlinear. This is very good. 

Make the barrier between the light and dark parts of the image have an effect (see the pixel's 'glitter' effect at the boundary), could be the glitter, or maybe a slight distortion done with a displacement map / shader over the image. 

2 Replies
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes. The effect is very well done but needs to be a bit more apparent. Honestly i didnt even notice the new animation until reading your post and checking for myself. But it is extremely smooth and well done. Samsung One UI team sure has come a long way!
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes