Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Security Concern

(Topic created: 09-24-2023 08:23 PM)
SammyS23
Halo
Options
Suggestions
I like that samsung made it where you need to enter your password to restart or shut down. But you can easily bypass it, which is a security issue. By pressing and holding the volume down and power button, it will restart/shut off without requiring a password. I hope to see this fixed so that if you try to shut it off, you would require a password no matter which way you are turning it off. 
3 Replies
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
This wouldn't work because of the potential for software glitches that require a hard reset by that method. For example, I had google maps turn the whole screen black today and no matter what I did, it would not display the screen or power off menu so I used this method to force a restart. The only thing I can think of is that this method should be changed so it can only restart the phone but is unable to power it off permanently. This way, it cannot be used to force the phone off but only to restart it.
Rydah
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Suggestions
I see your point however, this is not feasible. Due to the lack of an easily removable battery, we need a way to hard shut the phone down for a reboot. One good thing is, the vol down and power combo will trigger a reboot and not just a power down. So you'll still get calls and alarms even without the password being entered. Of course once the phone has been rebooted, a passcode, pin or pattern will be required to access anything.

And before I forget, to simply shut the phone down, your password will be required.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes