Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Separate Fingerprint for Secure Folder

(Topic created: 08-20-2022 03:33 PM)
George001
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
On my previous Samsung Note device, I was able to set it so that my secure folder was not opened by the same fingerprints I used to unlock my device. I was able to designate the print of a different finger to only work on the secure folder. 

I think this provided a great extra layer of security (albeit a small one) and I'd love to see it come back. Maybe even give us the ability to require several biometric methods (used together) to unlock the secure folder. 
5 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
Never heard of that on any of the notes
Letta0307
Comet
Options
Suggestions
You still can you just have to add a second fingerprint
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
They are talking about adding a 5th fingerprint just for secure folder
0 Likes
User5741
Comet
Options
Suggestions
No on the older samsung s9 and Note 9 you could literally have a dedicated finger that worked on the lock screen to open your secure folder. It was so convenient because you could switch between your normal phone and secure folder without anyone having any idea about it. And even if someone did know about your secure folder, they wouldn't know which finger you used.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes