Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Suggestions for One UI

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 08:38 PM)
mbuelv24
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Nicer animations but still stutter and not smooth.

Keyboard - issues with scrolling up for emojis, not a smooth experience. Seems cluttered, especially when in a browser. Should give more intuitive options to customize the keyboard layout.

Phone screen when someone puts you on hold doesn't turn gray like when you put someone on hold. This should be consistent so please make it where if a call is on hold (no matter who starts it) it turns gray.

Be able to rename group messages and have the option to keep a picture next to the name in group messages.

Fix the animations in the stock messages app when opening conversations with a custom background. Should be smooth instead of stuttering.

Stock message app, in general, lags. Please optimize.

Add reactions in messages with RCS.

Color Theme is ends up leaving messages, in stock message app, from a contact slightly transparent while user messages look solid. Both should match. Color Theme should be more vibrant and more noticeable in apps.

Background for combined emojis should be transparent. 
4 Replies
KingVic
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yooo i couldnt have said this better myself ! Literally everything that they should fix for the next beta ! & its not even being too picky or needy but things that really need the fix for it it to be a top tier UI that can compete with iOS
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
wait how would you expect the phone to know when someone puts you on hold? wouldn't the phone need to monitor your audio for silence or hold music..I much rather keep phone privacy. I can see why the screen can be grey when you initiated the hold but how do you propose the phone detect the other person putting you on hold?
0 Likes
mbuelv24
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
When you put someone on hold, the notification area at the top turns gray. When the recipient puts you on hold, you can see that with a toast notification. And you can also see when the call is taken off hold with a toast notification. The issue is, the notification area does not display gray when someone else puts you on hold. I would like the consistency because the phone knows that the call is on hold already. What makes it worse is that when I use call and text on my tablet, if someone puts me on hold then it turns gray on the tablet but not my phone. So I definitely know it can be done.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @mbuelv24 ,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Your suggestions have been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team