Original topic:

UI Suggestion

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 12:03 PM)
Stickmanx89
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Good afternoon,
It is undisputed that Samsung makes great phones with great hardware and physical integrity. That being said, the most prominent complaint against them is the abundance of bloatware. It is so prominent that many will skip the purchase, and others will use a debloating program.

Bloatware is subjective; every user has preferences. But Samsung can cater to all users. What if when turning on the phone for the first time, or following a factory reset, the setup would recommend an express installation that would install the usual bundle, and also offer a custom installation that lets the user choose what to install from a list. 

The beauty of android is its customisation, let's embrace it 🙂

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JPlaid
Star
Options
Suggestions
100% agree on this point. More options to the user are almost always preferable.

View solution in context

6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
they do that, sort of, through Smart Switch. e.g., if you're moving everything from your old S21U to your new S22U, Smart Switch simply takes everything (that you select) from your old device and copies it over to the new one...home screen, settings, apps, etc.

I agree with your bloatware complaint. I'd love to be able to delete all of the Google bloatware that comes on my Samsung phones. There's only one Google app I use: Maps.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Samsung is just following daddy Googles lead on this. If I can't uninstall chrome, YouTube, etc, I wouldn't expect to be able to uninstall Samsung software from a Samsung phone either.
Stickmanx89
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

That is the request; I suggest adding the ability to remove them both natively. Let the user choose what they want to install from the get-go. I don't believe Samsung is following google, it leads in many areas and this could be one too. 

I'm not arguing that Google apps are better, or that Samsung Apps are better; They both offer great alternatives and arguing over personal preferences would be ridiculous. The idea is to offer flexibility and remove redundant, unused app, as per the user's preference.

Solution
JPlaid
Star
Options
Suggestions
100% agree on this point. More options to the user are almost always preferable.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Stickmanx89
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Thank you, there is hope!