Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

[UPDATED 11/21/2021] All bugs and ideas from everyone

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 06:24 AM)
AirCraze
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
These are the list of updates OneUI should have had long time ago! I hope they add it in future OneUI 4 and not make us wait for the next generation OneUI which would be very upsetting. If anyone agrees with my list please comment so samsung can see this.

Tip #1:
Add Samsung Discover to S20 devices

Tip #2:
Add a slower and smoother closing and entering app animation

Tip #3:
Add the rotating brightness icon in the notification menu. Why remove it?

Tip #4:
Bigger and wider notification buttons.

Tip #5:
Better looking default icons.

Tip #6:
About 5% more rounded widgets.

Tip #7:
More widgets needs to be added. These are just redesigned old widgets.

Tip #8:
Bring back the old music player in notification menu!

Tip #9:
Decrease the app drawer darkness by 5-10%

Tip #10:
Vertical games should have the same animations as horizontal games when leaving the app (aka. Closing the app)

Tip #11:
Have a new design for the time, battery, wifi, battery percentage, etc icon in the notification above. Its 2021, not 2016.

Tip #12:
Have the ability to remove bixby and not force us to keep it.

Tip #13:
The smoothness of homescreen and lockscreen notification swipe down is not the same. This means, the lockscreen has a laggy swipe down animation.

Tip #14:
Make the bottom navigation bar thicker by 1px and 5% smaller.

Tip #15:
Only have a circle around the emojis in the keyboard and not the other icons.

Tip #16;
Add a smoother opening emoji section

Tip #17:
A new animation for swipe typing.

Tip #18:
Add color to the camera icon and phone icon in the lockscreen.

Tip #19:
When loading to view app notifications on a app. There should be a new design. The current one looks too old, nothing compared to modern designs. 

Tip #20:
Make it possible to talk using the phone microphone while using bluetooth earphones. What if your bluetooth microphones are broken, and you only hear sound?

Tip #21:
Opening and closing apps are not that smooth, a update of these new animations would be nice to have. Feels a little laggy. The animations should be created in 60fps not feel like 49-50fps!

Tip #22: 
The notifications on some apps are closed. I missed having the larger notifications so I can have the ability to view more of that app. This can prevent misclicks.

Tip #23:
The google search widget is not the same dark theme as the default dark widgets. Yes, i know you could change it by google settings. But if i do that, there is no colorful google icons on the search!

Tip #24:
Searching for wifi networks is a lot slower than before.

Tip #25:
Opening and closing the camera app is wayyy too laggy! This is for all s20, s21, note 20 series!

Tip #26:
The notes app sometimes deletes all the words in one certain note (not the others) this happens when you type too quick and type a lot. I believe grammarly has something to do with this.

Tip #27:
Apps are shutting down by themselves randomly (examples: tiktok, snapchat) without any notices.

Tip #28:
Some settings options in the settings app are not ONEUI 4 themed. They have android 12 default theme.

Tip #29:
When closing a widget (example: calender widget) and having the calender app in homescreen, disables the widget animation and starts the app closing widget.

Tip #30:
Add option to disable app icon dark mode. I like the normal colors than having them darken.

Tip #31:
Add esim support for s20 ultra. We all have it, just disabled by software.

Tip #32:
Using 1.5gb more ram than before. What happened to google's announcement of reducing ram usage and improve the overall experience of all apps? No matter what Android? 

Tip #33:
Where is the samsung themed google message app seen on s21 series?

Comment below, let me know what you think! I plan on adding more overtime! 

11 Replies
Confused980
Comet
Options
Suggestions
S21 series has Google discover feed but it would be nice if us s20 series users had this to
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Personally I do not want #2 - I never want slower animations. Could be an option though.
AirCraze
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Relate the slower animations with iphones. You do realize you can make animations faster by developer options right?
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Yes, I do use that option.
I've never used an iPhone.
0 Likes
AirCraze
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Then you should have no problem if the animations being slower.
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
The new app switching animation is slow for me in the beta, even though I've tweaked that setting in developer settings.
0 Likes
AirCraze
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
It seems like a issue on your device. Works fine for me. Maybe clear cache? From recovery mode?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @AirCraze ,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Your suggestions have been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Suggestions
#13 I do see some slight inconsistencies between some of the new animations.