Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Uninstall system apps

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 06:05 PM)
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Back in the day, uninstalling apps in the system was fairly easy and was done merely to debloat the device by root. Today, especially in US variants, its neer impossible to root and uninstall system apps the the user doesn't use or want on their device eating up resources and draining battery. Removing system apps that are not used or wanted had the advantage of speeding up the device with less battery drain and more free ram. Simply disabling the app still allows data and ram usage thus hindering battery consumption. With that said heres my suggestion,
Allow system apps that are not core system apps to be uninstalled without the need for root or bootloader unlocking if your going to block root on US variants. 
Example, some have Facebook app pre installed, you can't uninstall it because its a system app but you can disable it. Disabling it still allows meta service to run in the background. Some people may not want the app but are forced to have it on their device taking up space. Hope you greatly consider the wide possibilities of allowing greater control of our devices. 🖖

4 Replies
Matilda68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
100% agree!
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.

We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.
Regards,

One UI Beta Team

JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Suggestions
I agree that we should be able to uninstall more apps.

But until that happens, it's pretty easier to 'uninstall' by ADB. If you've rooted a phone before, this is far simpler by comparison.
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I agree however, samsung has blocked unlocking the bootloader on U.S. devices therefore not able to gain root. If they are not going to allow the U.S. to gain root on their devices so we can uninstall these unwanted apps taking up space the least they can do is make a way for us to uninstall system apps.
0 Likes