Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Update the media controls to look more like stock

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 02:44 PM)
GrantP1271
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions

The media controls are honestly boring and bland. I think it should be updated to look more like stock Android 13, with the album art as the widget's background and the animation that plays on the progress bar. Of course, it should be toggleable that way you can choose to have it the way you prefer, but it just looks boring right now.

One UI 5 Beta media controls

Android 13 media controls

6 Replies
cory00
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I definitely second this. I play music a ton on my phone and I personally do not like the media controls.
thoughts
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Do make the art bigger, don't make the play head a sperm
GrantP1271
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I think the little sperm is hilarious lmao, though I'd love it if Samsung added their own animation to the controls
Iamthecpu
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
My hope was that they will eventually go to the Google style of it. But I completely agree I hate the stock looking app!
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userCRyBPv7rEO
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
I think they just havent bothered adding it to this new beta. I asked them for this feature the first day of the beta and I got the "We'll forward it to the beta team" message. IDK how hard it is to code a simple notification given they jumped to it in Android 8 and dropped it in 12 because Google made it system color-based. IDC if it clashes with the look, it is a feature that's cool and a lot of people in this beta have asked a lot.