Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Updates should be able to be forced over data or ethernet

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 12:34 PM)
Britewood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I was having issues getting wifi to work but was able to connect via ethernet and mobile data. 

I was not able to update the phone because of no wifi connection however I did have a Lan connection 

6 Replies
Britewood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
SS of error even with ethernet connection Screenshot_20211117-173059_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
AyKay
Star
Options
Suggestions
How do you connect your phone via eternity? I assume a dongle?
0 Likes
Britewood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
I picked up a usb-c to ethernet adapter from BestBuy. Was about $20 usd20211118_115208_1940_1637254330.jpg
AyKay
Star
Options
Suggestions
Nice. Thanks for sharing.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Britewood ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We agree that there should be an alternative to Wi-Fi to download software updates. Unfortunately, carrier decides whether download is supported over mobile data or not. Some carriers allow software download over mobile data and some don't. But ethernet is an very interesting option we have asked our R & D teams to look in to considering stability of the connection should be at par if not better than a Wi-Fi connection.

We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Britewood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
FYI, I bought my phone from Samsung unlocked. Would that still restrict me if I was on, say, Verizon, or does Samsung control that feature for unlocked phones?
0 Likes