Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Weather app

(Topic created: 11-15-2021 11:25 AM)
Options
Suggestions
Please make weather widget refesh the weather without turning on location meaning it will display current weather on based on the recent location you are on until you go somewhere
5 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Agreed 100% and they can do it.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
The weather widget I've tried requests a location during setup (for me) ... so maybe I'm confused
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Open the Weather App, select the 3 BARS in the upper left corner, a sidebar will open, in the SIDEBAR select the ROUND GEAR in the upper right corner to open Weather Settings.

In Weather Settings select USE CURRENT LOCATION, move the slide bar to the left and choose DISAGREE, Select the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to the Weather Settings screen.

You can browse the app or return to the HOME SCREEN by selecting the home button.

If you DON'T want applications tracking your location or have privacy concerns open the APP DRAWER open SETTINGS, scroll down and select LOCATION, move the slide bar to the left in the OFF position, select the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to SETTINGS.

While in SETTINGS scroll down and select APPS, scroll down to the very bottom of the page, select WEATHER, scroll down to STORAGE, open storage and in the lower right corner select CLEAR CACHE, select the back arrow 3 TIMES to return to SETTINGS.

If your adjustments are complete select the HOME BUTTON to return to the home screen.

The Weather App will now display your favorite location and theoretically won't your track location.

Your device IS ALWAYS BEING TRACKED whether you turn off location or not.

I hope this remedies your suggestion.
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Excellent...thanks!!!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @Cheesydieper ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes