cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Why does the watch's battery run out quickly?

(Topic created: 07-25-2023 09:08 PM)
zelig
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

When I bought the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, the watch's battery would last me two and a half to three days, but since I installed the beta version on the watch, the battery has lasted me 24 hours. Does anyone have a solution for this or do I have to wait for an update that will come out in the future and solve the problem?

10 Replies
Options
Suggestions

Sorry, but unfortunately you have to wait. Many beta members have had this issue and the development team has been trying to fix this issue ever since beta version 2. Since the overload of new things on the update the battery is just getting worse. People just see it as a little bit bad and ignore it but now it is chaos since new features pop in every 2 weeks or so. Yes, they did try to fix it and it kinda helped but it still sucks. And since these are beta features they might run in a way to affect your battery. Personally in my opinion, just don't do a lot of activities and stay home while charging the watch a lot. But this can also be an issue since of overheating so be on the lookout for every hour or so and wait till an update comes out to fix it. And if they don't, just withdraw or wait till the beta is finished, many people are already saying that this beta sucks.

Options
Suggestions

If this helped, please make sure to accept this as solution, so the beta moderators don't need to reposnd to this issue.

0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Suggestions

Try wiping device cashe in recovery.

Recovery: power off watch. Power on watch while holding both side buttons at the the same time. When you see "Samsung" with "rebooting...." under it, quickly tap the upper button (power button) 3x. Once menu appears, navigate with power button to "Recovery" (highlighted in blue) then press and hold power button. Now in recovery, navigate with bottom button to "Wipe cashe partition". Press power button. Navigate to "Yes" and press power button.

I personally wipe cashe 3x (OCD LOL) before rebooting.

Right after installing an update I allow the device to boot up BEFORE wiping cashe. Wait until the notification message "update complete" or "finished." Then wipe cashe. Do that on any device after a firmware update.

Hope that helps. 

zelig
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

If I do that, will the contents of the watch be deleted?

0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Suggestions

It will not delete any data other than the cashe. You don't notice that it's been deleted other than your device may function better & marginally faster.

Just pay close attention to wipe cashe. Not wipe date. 

0 Likes
zelig
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

I did what you wrote and it didn't help

0 Likes
Options
Suggestions

My watch pro recharged and shows 2 days 22 hours on power save (occasionally 3 days) and 2 days 12 hours regular.  Recharge your watch while it's turned off.  A good time to charge it every day is when you go get ready in the morning and take a shower. Do you really need to wear your watch while you shower. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the helpful suggestions provided by @OffDatGoGo .  

If the issue persists, please use the Wearable app to submit an error report.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Team.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
zelig
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

How do you send an error report through the Wearable app?

0 Likes