Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Work Profile

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 02:35 PM)
DD7227
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Can we finally get a fix that separates control between work and personal profile. I'd love to be able to access my work data without losing full control over my phone. 
8 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userIlmGqETe9f
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
How does having a work profile make you lose control of your phone? For me it segregated the two environments entirely. Curious what you mean by this.
0 Likes
DD7227
Halo
Options
Suggestions
So when I log into my work email it makes it so my biometric locks no longer work. Basically, it turns my phone into a work phone due to security measures. I can log into certain things but if it requires an extra layer of protection such as email I can't have my personal locks enabled.

Hope that makes sense.
0 Likes
userIlmGqETe9f
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Oh I had to manually setup biometric login for the work profile. Then biometric login worked.
userIlmGqETe9f
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
It's so wonky and not intuitive where it is but if you search for work profile security it should come up.
DD7227
Halo
Options
Suggestions
Problem is with mines I have different authentication for different things. Example, I use Microsoft authenticator but I also use Okta Verify and because of the extra steps it disables unless I'm able to fully setup a work profile.
0 Likes
userIlmGqETe9f
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
That might be a bug to report to the company managing your work profile instead of Samsung. Your identity provider or mdm should be able to setup and support the different authentication measures.
0 Likes
DD7227
Halo
Options
Suggestions
No because it's across multiple devices and I'm not the only person I know this has happened to. This doesn't happen on the pixel or iPhone. Only Samsung devices. It's a security override measure.
0 Likes