Did you mean: 

Original topic:

gesture animations suggestion

(Topic created: 10-23-2020 05:10 PM)
zdost
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Samsung is telling me to post this under the Suggestions thread, so I'm doing just that now - this is basically what I posted previously regarding the subject found in Discussions.

I am now suggesting that Samsung reverts back to the framework from the pre-beta (the build before hotfix 1) for the gesture controls, regarding swipe to go home and the recents page. Both of these aspects were so much more responsive than they are now in its current state, and I just want to see them reinstated on the final build or a future update, as they were a joy to use! As of right now, the animations are almost identical to One ui 2 so I don't see why they reverted it back to this state. Once I updated to hotfix 1 a few weeks ago, I was disappointed to find that Samsung had removed the new buttery, bouncy animations. Why wouldn't they want to change it in 3.0? The animations present in the pre beta were MILES better than the ones we have right now. To read more about my experience and my reasoning, check out my post in Discussions. To summarize:

It would be amazing if Samsung could build off of this pre-beta framework regarding the gesture controls (swiping up to go to the home screen and initiating the recent apps screen) and further polish it to hopefully bring it to the final 3.0 build or a future beta!

3 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

DrFed
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I'm not noticing any difference with gesture sensitivity or animations when using One UI launcher. maybe I have a bad memory. my gestures are very smooth unless I switch to a different launcher, and then the home gesture doesn't work as consistently as it should.
0 Likes
zdost
Comet
Options
Suggestions
have you used the pre-beta build?
0 Likes