Did you mean: 

Original topic:

new Beta Forum section

(Topic created: 10-05-2022 09:26 AM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
It would be helpful to have a section/tab in the Beta forums (and the regular forums, too) where the developers post known issues. Once an issue becomes known to the developers, we aren't told about it. I know that we are encouraged to use the search function to see if other users have already posted about an issue, and maybe there's a solution within that particular post.

However, if I come across an issue/error, I guarantee you I'd look first in the "Known Issues" section to see if it is something that the developers are already working to fix. That saves me time in submitting an error report, and/or looking through the forums to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

as an example: the recent and widespread problem with the Galaxy Watch Manager causing problems between the phones and the watch.

6 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
That's a great idea! This would also help with the devs receiving fewer error reports.
Enverdaz
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Would add a "button" to indicate if your install was affected by the "bug" - a few options maybe..
[ ] I am experiencing this issue
[ ] My device is unaffected

At least this adds the ability to track the number of affected units. It's likely possible to track each entry per device allowing the Devs to see some details associated with the device to identify their build information - Exynos v Qualcomm chipsets and build date info etc - hardware info, not personal data
-Enver
Note 9 N960u1 / S7 G930U / Gear S2 / Tab 4 7.0
...S5 (G900A) and Express (i437p AT&T) in there too...
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Suggestions
People who don't use the search function (which oftentimes feels like almost everyone) will most likely not bother looking in a Known Issues section, unfortunately.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
those people can continue to chase their tails.....I'll use it 😉
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Suggestions
I'd also use it, I for one don't mind scrolling the forums or searching
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes