5 second Black screen while changing channels

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

5 second Black screen while changing channels

Suddenly now when I change channels, I get a black screen for 5 seconds. It's awful. This has never happened before. It feels out of synch. There was a cable outage the night it happened. 

Does anyone have this problem? The cable guys were here and insisted it was a problem with the TV. It is 5 years old. We never had this problem. It is a 42" flat screen. 

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kip
Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by SamsungJustin (Samsung Moderator)
‎05-15-2016 08:24 AM

Re: 5 second Black screen while changing channels

Usually happens when there is resolution Changes from Channel to channel. Easiest way to fix that is to go to the settings in your cable box and select a static resolution of 720p or 1080i. If it is set to auto it is adjusting based on the content, which adds a delay
19 REPLIES
Kip
Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by SamsungJustin (Samsung Moderator)
‎05-15-2016 08:24 AM

Usually happens when there is resolution Changes from Channel to channel. Easiest way to fix that is to go to the settings in your cable box and select a static resolution of 720p or 1080i. If it is set to auto it is adjusting based on the content, which adds a delay
Asteroid

We adjusted the etting sFlat Screen Issue.JPG.1080i

Kip wrote:

Please see photo with resolution setting. We are on 1080i and STILL have this issue. 
What else can you recommend please? 

What about a channel memory scan? 

Many thanks. 

Samsung Moderator

Is this the only source you are having trouble with? If so, I recommend reaching back out to your cable provider to see if they have any other options available. Thanks! ^Sabrina

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

The cable provider was here last week. They were totally useless. They said it was because of I have an old TV. 

I

Kip
Cosmic Ray

That sucks, let me see if I can help. What model cable box do you have?

Asteroid

CISCO 

Explorer 8642HDC 

Kip
Cosmic Ray

The User Manual says that if you go through the HD Setup Wizard you can select the output resolution. There should also be a setting for output resolution that you can select "Auto,1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i" you probably have it setup for auto where you originally had it set up for 1080i or 720p output.
Asteroid

Kip, 

Thanks so much for looking into this mess. We did what you suggested earlier today. It has cut out a second or two but that's it. There is still a lag - a black screen for about 2 seconds.

I had a tech here today who really tried but he couldn't resolve. Time Warner Cable is coming back tomorrow but I doubt they can fix it and they will probably try to ding me for the service call. I am pretty much miserable. 

SaulMax

Kip
Cosmic Ray

Hey that is what the community is for, do me a favor. Try to connect it up with component cables and see if there is still an issue. Like I said that said that lag is information coming being processed by HDMI.