5 second Black screen while changing channels

SOLVED
Kip
Cosmic Ray

Re: 5 second Black screen while changing channels

Hey Saulmax, any word after the service call?

Asteroid

Time Warner Cable was at my place for 2 hours. Literally 2 hours. Regarding the TV mess, the guy tried or did everything I think possible. Everything was checked or switched. We got a new box. Etc. But the latency problems remains. It is somewhat faster but the black screen still appears when changing channels. My neighbor on our floor has the same. My fear is that it simply cannot be fixed because the issue is TWC and they can't do it. 

As bad, the Internet has been breaking so much over the past week or so. This is going to to turn into a big fight in order to get them to identify and repair the problem. I am currently at another location 10 blocks aways and the connection is fine.

I am very angry and frustrated with all of this. 

Kip
Cosmic Ray

that is pretty frustrating, sounds like there is some kind of data bottle neck as it tries to deliver the content and the channel information for the interactive guide. I wonder if there is an issue with how long the coax runs are, quality of the cable, number of splitters, etc. or if it is just their service in the area. it is also weird that you didn't have the problem and then you did. I wonder if they need to add another hub to your service area or there are still issues after the service outage the other night they just don't want to say "we're working on it". 

Sounds like it's time to join the cord cuters and just use internet for all your Television Programming needs.

Asteroid

I have pushed TWC again and again to fix now a more serious problem with the Internet. They said they found a problem on the street. They said once it was fixed, the Internet would run better and also the latency with the LCD. The Internet breaks. 

Nothing has improved. 

Astronaut

hi.  I hope what I am about to share will help and solve the issue of black screen delay when changing channel on the LG 4K television.

I bought a new LG 4k tv and i was experencing a 5 to 10 second black screen delay in switching channels. 

I called My Verizon service provider he made some changes in my Settings, and also he Reset the memory

it then had me go through a few on screen prompts,  and wa-la. im hopping channel to chnnel without any blackscreen delay

you cannot do this on your own, it must be done by the Technison 

Astronaut

I belive this is a falulty Samsung design.

I have a 60 inch UHD Smart TV in Australia and via the antenna which has strong signals to all digital channels there is a 2-5 second delay when I switch channels. It drives mer crazy. I Know it's not  the signal becuase I had a Panasoninc Plasma TV before the Samsun and the channel changes had zero delay.  I went over to a friends house and he has on older LG smart TV and the channels changes are instant.

This is a Samsung problem and they need to fix this.

The fixes outlined in the forum are just temporary fluffy fixes like do a reset. I believe all Samsung need to do is diagnose t he problem and find a solution they can send us in a Firmware update. I think its a memory problem. One thing for sure I'll not recommend or buy another Samsung TV. 

Constellation

Has there been any update to this issue? I have a Samsung 45" Smart TV and I am running an IPTV Media Streaming Box (This is the ONLY device connected) every time I change the channel the screen blacks out for approx 1-2 seconds before the channel loads. 

I have tried every possible setting on both the TV and Box but the issue was not fixed, I also used multiple HDMI cables but you guessed it SAME ISSUE!!!!

I ran the Box on another brand "None Smart TV" and the problem does not occur channel load perfect instantly and NO BLACK SCREEN.

Based on my processs of eleminations it seems to be a Samsung TV issue.

Not very SMART for a SMART TV and from a leading brand manufacture in the market.

Samsung what is the plan to resolve this very bothersome issue????

OB

Astronaut

I had the same issue too. Using Samsung Smart TV 4300N. I think the probpem persist in all smaet TV made by Samsung (either anthena and Cable TV has delay).

Constellation

I reset the  tv receiver and knocked off 90 percent of the delay. This was done thru the tv menu.

Constellation

It was actually the spectrum receiver that I reset.

On my TV, select cable box, then menu, then settings, then reboot receiver.

Now, ther is a slight delay in accepting the command, less tha a second, but minimal blank display between channels.