Bad Picture Quality on UN65JU7100

Astronaut

Bad Picture Quality on UN65JU7100

My cable box is a Comcast ultra HD receiver and for the longest time I thought the bad picture quality was from Comcast. I called Comcast to complain and their tech brought over a test TV that was not on the same quality level as the one I purchased and he plugged in my HDMI cord and had amazing quality right away. When I use Amazon video or Netflix, I get the UHD quality I expect.

When I say bad picture quality, I am referring to lag, pixelated and blurry around figures. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a picture that isn't even HD. Sports are just bad. Really bad.

Could this be a bad one connect mini? 

Also, I called in a warranty a while back for some electrical issues. Not sure if that's related.

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bad Picture Quality on UN65JU7100

@ userQh3UDqAdcl I would be happy to look into this further. Drop a private message Here with the serial number of the television and the most recent software version you are running?

Constellation

Did you get this resolved?   

Samsung Moderator

@userAWSm0ljk4Z: Please provide the model of the television.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

NU7100 55"

Samsung Moderator

Is this with every source?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Primarily on HDMI connection to Charter/Spectrum cable box.  Issue is most pronounced when watching sports - hockey or football.

Samsung Moderator

Are you using high speed HDMI cables by any chance?  

Constellation

I'm using the same HDMI cable that I used on my older TV with no issues.   How do I determine if a cable is "high speed"?

Samsung Moderator

You can check the cable markings for manufacturer's information. If it is not marked, you would need to refer to the packaging.