Black screen periodically

SOLVED
Asteroid

Re: Black screen periodically

I started this topic over a year ago and nothing has been done.  Samsung has sent several repairmen out and they still refuse to replace it.  You would think with all of these post about the same problem they would realize there is something wrong with their tv's. I wrote a letter to the CEO and never got a response, customer service is also useless. 

Constellation

Well I regret that he issue is back. Had issues with my USB not reading so I reset the tv. USB works again but not the black screen is back. This is getting depressing. 

Constellation

Just a question to everyone. After much trouble shooting and reading every page of this string I wonder how many of you leave a USB drive in your one connect box? I posted a few weeks back that I turned of CEC on my onkyo and my tv and the problem seemed fixed. Well if not fixed it was rare. Today my USB would not play. I have a TV series on this USB downloaded by a friend. Well I turned off the tv and disconnected the one connect for 30 seconds and then turned everything back on. The USB worked again but the tv started blacking out at least once a minute for an hour. A few times it even went seconds apart. So I just pulled out the USB key and also pulled out my chrome cast which is also plugged into the USB one connect. What was blinking every minute for the last hour has now stopped completely (15 minutes since I unplugged them). I really hope this is it!!! I will keep an eye on this situation and will report back in a day or so. It's late and I am not staying up any more. But again, I'm curious how many of you have USB thumb drives in your one connect?
Asteroid

user1xjGzYUqAF wrote:
Just a question to everyone. After much trouble shooting and reading every page of this string I wonder how many of you leave a USB drive in your one connect box? I posted a few weeks back that I turned of CEC on my onkyo and my tv and the problem seemed fixed. Well if not fixed it was rare. Today my USB would not play. I have a TV series on this USB downloaded by a friend. Well I turned off the tv and disconnected the one connect for 30 seconds and then turned everything back on. The USB worked again but the tv started blacking out at least once a minute for an hour. A few times it even went seconds apart. So I just pulled out the USB key and also pulled out my chrome cast which is also plugged into the USB one connect. What was blinking every minute for the last hour has now stopped completely (15 minutes since I unplugged them). I really hope this is it!!! I will keep an eye on this situation and will report back in a day or so. It's late and I am not staying up any more. But again, I'm curious how many of you have USB thumb drives in your one connect?

Hey there

This is completely unrelated  as I never leave a USB Stick in the TV or One Connect. I only put one for firmware udpate. And once I take it out, I always do a power cycle to help the firmware "Set in". (don't really have a choice as the Smart Hub goes bonkers if I don't unplug the TV completely.)

I am 100% sure it has something to do with changing sources/signal. Last night my kids were watching Netflix. I switched directly to the HDMI input linked to my PS4 Pro. While STILL in the PS4 home page, the screen started flashing to black screen every 4 seconds... I had to do the usual trick of turning off UHD HDMI color twice before the issue was resolved...

I have made 2 topics here that have gone completely ignored. My Samsung local support is clueless (surprise surprise). So I am pretty sure the problem will never be resolved. It goes without saying that i will NEVER buy another Samsung TV.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Flashing ps4 pro is fixed by forcing hdcp 1.4 in the boot menu as samsungcole posted in another thread.  That's the only solution until a more permanent fix is presented by sony or samsung

Constellation

user1xjGzYUqAF wrote:

I've never used a USB flash drive with my TV, not for media nor for updates. But I do have an Onkyo receiver (TX-NR646) and I'm convinced that's it's a compatibility issue between it and my KS8000. I've been testing it for the past few weeks by bypassing my AVR and just using it just for audio via optical out from my TV. Since connecting it that way I haven't had a single black screen. 

Highlighted
Constellation

That was my next plan of action. The only downside is high resolution audio that has DTS audio master or Dolby TrueHD can only come down a HDMI cable. But those are not common yet and it's more important to get rid of the black screen by using optical and bypassing the onkyo's video processing. Problem is .......who is responsible for his black screen and coming up with a firmware fix. Onkyo or Samsung? I'll try my setup tonight since I pulled out the USB drive and see if it's still fixed. It was going crazy with black screen last night until I pulled out the USB. Maybe coincidence.
Asteroid

trickinit wrote:

user1xjGzYUqAF wrote:

I've never used a USB flash drive with my TV, not for media nor for updates. But I do have an Onkyo receiver (TX-NR646) and I'm convinced that's it's a compatibility issue between it and my KS8000. I've been testing it for the past few weeks by bypassing my AVR and just using it just for audio via optical out from my TV. Since connecting it that way I haven't had a single black screen. 

I don't have a receiver. I am using a soundbar connected to the One Connect box by HDMI ARC.

The black screen mainly occur when switching from HDR content to non-HDR content. For instance, if I play an HDR game on my PS4 Pro, then switch to Netflix, I will be getting black screens in Netflix (the Smart Hub app, NOT the PS4 app). And vice-verca, if I am watching Netflix or Youtube, then switch to my PS4, chances are, the black screens will occur as early as in the PS4 home screen...

I also get the black screens on my Android media player at times, although less often that on my PS4.

Constellation

user1xjGzYUqAF wrote:
That was my next plan of action. The only downside is high resolution audio that has DTS audio master or Dolby TrueHD can only come down a HDMI cable. But those are not common yet and it's more important to get rid of the black screen by using optical and bypassing the onkyo's video processing. Problem is .......who is responsible for his black screen and coming up with a firmware fix. Onkyo or Samsung? I'll try my setup tonight since I pulled out the USB drive and see if it's still fixed. It was going crazy with black screen last night until I pulled out the USB. Maybe coincidence.

That's, that's the drawback. I bought my AVR for the 4K and Atmos, but I'm not really taking advantage of those features with my current optical setup. Just out of curiousity, how do you control all of your devices? I use a Logitech Harmony Hub and remote to manage everything, but I almost wonder if it's part of the problem. Like maybe it's turning things on in the wrong order or something rather than letting them turn each other on via CEC.

Astronaut

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung model T32E390SX 32" TV.When I first switch it on the screen keeps going blanks for the first 10mins. Can you help.