Can Echo skill control TV

SOLVED
Asteroid

Re: Can Echo skill control TV

All the Eco options on the TV are currently off so the TV should go to sleep instead of off

Astronaut

I have been in a project to convert my home into a smart home for two plus years. I have been able to control my tv with the Echo but only to turn it on and off. I achieved it by purchasing a TP-Link smart plug. I plug the tv into the smart plug and load the TP-Link Kasa skill in the Amazon Alexa app. I name the plug by room and device. This does not allow me to control the channels however just turn my flat screen on and off.

Astronaut

plus everyone doesnt have the same money to be tossing around on gadgets! Samsung ,although, may tgink this way!
Constellation

Asteroid

I have the smarthings hub

Asteroid

Do you use a smartthings hub to make that work with Alexa?

Asteroid

So I have the same issue.  I got the TV connected, added to smartthings, added to echo, the only thing it doesn't do is turn on.  Of course the one thing I would like it to do.  Smasung frustrating..........  

Astronaut

I guess I'm kind of confused. Recently bought a dot and have a 2016 4k 8000 series. Do I need a SmarThings hub? Or is there SOME way I can connect my TV through Connect so I can turn it off and on through Alexa.... Earlier comments made me think I could avoid a smart plug or Hub purchase (temporarily)

Astronaut

Hey not sure if this helps. I got got a 4k 40 samsung tv and an amazon echo plus. Ive connected the tv to the echo plus but only as a switch. Problem is i can turn the tv off with my voice or the alexa app but it wont turn it back on. 

Astronaut

same issue here have it set up and everything can set it to turn off or ask it to but the damned thing times out when you try and turn it on by voice