Can't enter characters into the wireless password (UN40KU7000FXZA)

Constellation

Can't enter characters into the wireless password (UN40KU7000FXZA)

I have a brand new UN40KU7000FXZA.  Worked perfectly for a few days, but now I can't use the magic remote to enter any characters using the on-screen keypad.   

For example, I can't enter a wireless password, I can't enter a userid/password on the MLB.TV app.

The focus is stuck on the password field, and will not move down to the keyboard.

I've unplugged for 30 minutes, and I did a system reset, neither of which did any good.

Help!  Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't enter characters into the wireless password (UN40KU7000FXZA)

Let's try a few things:

1. Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and remove both batteries.
  2. Press and hold the Power Button on the remote for 20 seconds. This discharges the remote and can fix minor electronic glitches.
  3. Release the button and re-insert the batteries, make sure to insert the batteries properly. Test the remote to see if it is working properly now.
    • If the remote works, there was a glitch in the remote that was cleared when you discharged the remote. Reattach the battery cover and continue using your remote.

Have you tried replacing the remote batteries? 

Re-Pairing:

1. Move to within 12 inches of the TV, and then aim the Smart Control at the TV's IR sensor.
  2. Press the RETURN and GUIDE buttons simultaneously.
  3. Hold buttons down for 3 seconds.
  4. Release the buttons and hold remote within 12 inches of the TV.
  5. Watch lower left portion of TV screen for pairing information
Astronaut

I have the same issue. Tried both of these things and then went and bought s new remote , paired, repaired, discharged — still cannot

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using a standard Samsung Remote?  You should be able to purchase one of these at samsungparts.com 

Constellation

yes.  I have a samsung remote that came with the tv and I. BOught a replacement. And same issue.  All other feature work fine

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

@userlV8rCso51N I'm reaching out to you via private message. Please follow up with me there. 

Constellation

Where is private message?  Can’t find

Samsung Moderator

We got your response. We'll follow up with you shortly. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator

[ Edited ]

@userlV8rCso51Nhttp://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

This link takes me to a blank message