Cant open remote up to change battery

Cosmic Ray

Cant open remote up to change battery

Seems near impossible, actually.

What is the trick?  might I add this is ridiculous. 

25 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cant open remote up to change battery

Well can I ask which remote it is that you have? Most of our remotes open with either a push and slide or push the clip and pull method. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

The new one for the 2016...similar to the one for my 8000 but that one i can open, the 650 is the one that is impossible without prying it with tiny tiny screwdriver that I am just lucky to have lyin around

Samsung Moderator

Look like this one?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

yes

Constellation

I have the same remote—can’t figure out how to open to put the batteries inside.

Samsung Moderator

Try this:

Astronaut

Yes, this is quite frustrating.  three weeks ago we got an MU7000 uhd tv from B&H.  For the life of me I couldn't remove the back cover.  So I scoured the net and viewed a number of videos showing how ridiculously easy is this task.  Repeated attempts without success.  Sucker is tighter than a Pismo clam.  Step 2 contact Samsung and repeated calls with reps reading verbatim "Press on the arrow and slide off the cover in the direction of the arrow" they finally agreed to send a replacement, which we received today.  Guess what?  The remote is a twin, manufactured to the same rigorous standards as the first.

This Smart Remote is model BN59-01266A and is apparently compatible with and/or used with all  of the Samsung 2017 MU models (uhd 4k).

Our tv was manufactured in October 2017, so it seems that this model has quality control issues from October (or earlier) through December (or later).

What we did.  Cautiously pry the original remote apart using box cutters and opticians flat screw drivers.  No matter how much was separated it never did slide off.  Finally apart, inserted the batteries and the remote does have power.  Is it fully functional? Is it at all functional?  Who knows.  We'll find out tomorrow.  Perhaps we'll have to crawl to Samsung and tell them the sad truth: they gave us two defective remotes and we need a third (working) remote.

P.S.  I specifically asked the Samsung rep to personnally test remote #2.  Hmm...ya think he did?

Constellation

The worst remote ever, I can't open it either.  Maybe if I throw it against the wall, it'll work!

Samsung Moderator

Which model television do you have?