Cant open remote up to change battery

Samsung Moderator

Re: Cant open remote up to change battery

Please get that to us as soon as you can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

The whole silver portion of the remote comes off. Be sure not to hold any of the silver part. Hold the remote by the black edges, push the silver portion like the arrow indicates and it come right off. It took me hours to figure this out. This remote is poorly designed.

Constellation

Yeah, it's kinda ironic - great tvs, suck remotes.  What I do is take a thin-bladed kitchen knife, slide it in along the top of remote and hold it there with one hand to exert downward pressure, then use the other hand to push down on the arrow.  It's a pain in the...whatever, but it works.

Astronaut

same problem here looks simple but won't slide in the direction of the arrow. Push down on arrow then try to slide still stuck. 

Astronaut

Don't push the back cover with your thumb. Slide it with the palm of your hand.

Constellation

yaaaaasssssss!

Constellation

Got my new Samsung QLED this morning.. the remote is a challenge.

i managed to open it by:  place the remote back side up on top of a towel, then using a flat-head screw driver, push on the back of the arrow in the direction of the arrow, it popped right open.  

Good luck.  

Constellation

Samsung Universal RemotE

Astronaut

Same deal,  won't open for me either,  following all of samsungs advice,  really? give me a break samsung

Astronaut

Yes!!!!! Finally!  This was the trick!