Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: **SOLUTION** Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

Since last post in July the steaming from Amazon has been mostly problem free - except for the last week or two.

Again I get screen freezes which means I have to exit the application and re-enter to resume play. I made no changes to my router or Samsung settings except for the original change of static DNS, which seemed to fix this (mostly).

Not loosing internet according to my computers. You can tell it's happening because the picture gets a little blurry and fades in and out slightly.

Any one out there find a solution????

Constellation

Re: **SOLUTION** Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

Did a ping test when screen froze. Ping successful so no lost internet. This must be Samsung.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

userqf8FY9ZDq5 (Constellation):

Please try your same video streaming from your PC, not just the ping test. You may have a bandwidth issue not a connectivity issue.

Your PC will probably not use as much bandwidth as your Samsung TV and so won't be a definitive test if it works. However, if your PC freezes or your TV freezes get worse (do your video streaming on both at the same time) then your issue is bandwidth.

I can do WiFi video streaming on two TVs simultaneously with Xfinity broadband.

Constellation

During streaming and problems I did a speed test. Usually I get 8MB when on one computer , during the time I was doing a speed test and the TV was streaming I got anywhere from 5.55 MB to 8.05MB during 5 tests.

During the time before this update post the streaming was doing great. Nothing has changed. I'll try streaming on computer.

Constellation

Only soluition was to switch from wifi to wired connection via the LAN connection on the back of the TV.

During the efforts to troubleshoot I noticed my neighbor's wifi signal was quite a bit stronger than my own signal. So the other possible was my router/modem, which works fine with my other devices.

Cosmic Ray

Yes, that could cause the freezes and symptoms you saw, when a neighbors WiFi signal is on the same or near channel. One of you should move to a clear channel.

I've posted about this before. There is a free android phone/tablet application which can show you the SSID (name), channel, and relative strength of nearby WiFi signals. I use "Wifi Analyzer". There is no similar application for Apple phones/tablets.

Other WiFi (aka WAPs or wireless access points) act like noise when they are on the same or adjacent channels and can cause freezes, timeouts, low performance, etc. and it seems like your connection comes and goes. While you may have only noticed it on your TV, the problem is likely slowing down your other devices depending on their location relative to the WAP.

The DNS solution i provided in a different post is still appropriate for many and solves a different problem not related to Wifi "noise". If you still get the symptoms using a wired connection you might want to try this solution.

Good luck to all reading!

Constellation

"when a neighbors WiFi signal is on the same or near channel."

This neighbor is new to move in and we had same problem with previous neighbor. New neighbor has a different router than me and is on wired for their Samsung TV - so they've not had any problems.

"There is a free android phone/tablet application which can show you the SSID (name), channel, and relative strength of nearby WiFi signals."

Actually the Samsung "Networks" setup shows all available SSIDs and their strength bars. That what got me thinking about going wired and also seeing how his signal strength was higher than my own.

Once I get this wired (no small feat) I'll look into his channel selection and maybe buying a better router.