Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Re: Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

Firmware updates make no difference on mine. It will lose connections after a day or so and won't connect until I soft reset with the power button on the remote. Same ever since my tv was new with firmware 1142...

MoonFrost wrote:

I have tried smart hub resetting in the past to fix the YouTube logging out issue,  which never worked because it was a firmware issue. I've never heard of a country code reset. I'd rather not reset the smart hub again because of how long it takes me to reset all my settings.

At the moment I've changed the d.n.s. from 8.8.4.4 to 8.8.8.8 following some advice I found from a forum a year ago that they said resolved their issue. 

I did the Smart Hub reset and have the DNS set at 8.8.4.4 (Google), you have to set it and unplug the set for a minute or so to get the changed DNS to stick, and am still having Youtube login, VUDU network and streaming issues from a wired connection. Just updated to FWv1167 and no joy. There are issues that need to be addressed by Samsung.

Samsung Moderator

What's the distance from the router to the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Unno if you were replying to me,  but tv is roughly 3 feet from router.

Since changing the DNS from 8.8.4.4 to 8.8.8.8, I haven't had the original issue happen again,  I'll give it another week before I'm confident enough to mark this as solved. 

Samsung Moderator

MoonFrost, Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

[ Edited ]

When I had problems they had me set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, both Google, not sure they appreciate their use. I surmise that it's getting pretty crowded there. I had to pull the power on the set for a minute to get the DNS to lock in. But things have worked since. Now why can't it work with regular proper DNS's? I've been using them for ages to test connections on networks.

Astronaut

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Wanted to give an update since it's been a week since I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8.  Still haven't had an issue. 

Edit: fixed wrong DNS 

MoonFrost wrote:

Wanted to give an update since it's been a week since I changed the DNS to 8.8.4.4.  Still haven't had an issue. 

For the heck of it I tried to switch back to Auto Obtain and it worked. Kinda. Some stuff worked and others didn't on the TV. All the rest of my gear, media included, works great on my ISP DNS's. Upon switching back to 8.8.4.4, which is the lesser known and used of the two in the wild, I trust is getting very crowed, because tons of companies tell people to use these DNS's, still some stuff worked and others didn't. Thus, my first switch. Samsung needs to isolate this and fix the ability to use DNS's related to your Internet service. It's gonna get crowded up there. When I get bored tonight, I'll try other direct DNS's for my personal service and see what happens.

Asteroid

I meant to say from 8.8.4.4 to 8.8.8.8.

On 8.8.8.8 I haven't had another issue,  while in 8.8.4.4 I was. 

Currently running on 8.8.8.8 with no issue for a week