Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

SOLVED

Re: Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

[ Edited ]

8.8.8.8 was the original go to for everyone. And I mean everyone. 8.8.4.4 was the secret one. I guess it doesn't matter anymore OR everyone has gone to 8.8.4.4 thinking that no one will be there and that is making 8.8.8.8 less crowded. Who Knows? It'd be even better if we didn't have to do this at all. That would make millions of DNS's available.

Asteroid

The makes sense. I might have changed it to 8.8.4.4 during the time they were having the YouTube login issue where it would require authorization codes to login every time(that was later fixed with a firmware update). 

I'm still running 8.8.4.4 and have to relogin to Youtube everyday. I don't thinks it's a DNS issue. I think it's a software problem. And when I go in all the individual cells for the vids are all on top of eachother to the left. Selecting and clicking right opens them up like a deck of cards.

Cosmic Ray

I have version 1167 on my new Samsung 4K TV and I lose my internet connectivity but NOT my wireless connectivity.

I looked up my ISP's (Internet Service Provider) DNS (Domain Name Service) IP address and entered it in manually (rather than automatically) on my Samsung TV in the Internet Settings. For now, it fixed my Internet connectivity and now my Netflix, browser, and YouTube work whereas all had stopped working prior to changing the DNS setting. I will test this for a week and post results back here.

For Samsung support, the automatic DNS setting was set to my WIFI routers address of 192.168.0.1.

Cosmic Ray

Astronaut update.....3/15/2017

No issues since I made the change to my DNS server address yesterday.  Working great!

Samsung Moderator

Yay!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

userMDgtpWyXdT update (not astronaut)

Today is the 3rd day, and still working with the manual input of the DNS server IP address. Previously I was "failing to connect to the Internet" almost every day.

Constellation

samsungjam wrote:

Yay!

[ Edited ]

After all tis (stone cold sober, for now) I am still having to log into Youtube almost daily. The other day I lost everything and was asked to reset up the whole TV from Scratch. Samsung has some major work to do on their software.

SnoppyStPats.jpg

Cosmic Ray

Farmer Bob,

After I conclude my testing, I will post instructions on how to setup your DNS as I did. Stay tuned for 4 more days.