Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: **SOLUTION** Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

I will try this but one I have two series 8 Samsung SUHD TV's and one is working fine and other has had this problem twice now.   There seems to be more then the DNS settings messing up.

Cosmic Ray

Re: **SOLUTION** Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

I would agree with you, all things being equal. 

I would check your signal levels (if using WiFi) and also check to ensure some other device isn't using the same IP address as the TV which is failing.  Use the android WiFi tool I mentioned in this post to survey your WiFi.

To prevent collisions of IP addresses, I set my WiFi router to assign IP addresses for DHCP to the range 1 to 100. I then put my TV and printers to fixed addresses in the range 101 to 254. For example, my series 6 TV is at 155. The above example is for class C addresses.

Good luck!

NQ5P

Astronaut

Re: Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

I have the opposite problem.  I can surf the internet but the smart tv won't detect my videos folder.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Samsung has an issue with Wifi, so amateurs!!!! The worst TV in both collors and WiFi!!! My frame is falling out every day!!!!

Constellation

We have AT&T u verse.  We cannot Connect to the internet with our Samsung TV. Internet works on all other devices.  Called AT&T. We rebooted cable box and modem several times. 

All DNS numbers AT&T provided did not work. 

Help!  We bought this TV in January. Can we return it? 

Supernova

Are you able to connect via Ethernet? 

Constellation

We don;t have that option, the place our TV is lcoated does nto allow it. We called Samsung this AM, they suggested unpluggin ght TV for a few minutes.

That worked!

Supernova

Okay. 

Cosmic Ray

It sounds like you have a weak WIFI signal at your TV or you are not connected to the WiFi.

Try changing your router to a clear channel.

Try moving your Router closer or a slightly different spot and make the rabbit ears on your router perpendicular to the TV location.

Try reconnecting the TV to your WiFi, make sure your passkey/phrase is correct and your TV successfully connects.

Lastly, you might want to change your DNS host address to the Google DNS host IP addresses as per this link. ATTs unversed DNS hosts are a known problem per this site.

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Equipment/DNS-settings/td-p/3914576

DNS hosts convert a name (like google.com) to an IP address (like 128.3.38.7).

Good luck! I think you can make this work!

Constellation

No go- my tv has worked fine for 4 years. Now suddenly it cannot connect (says it's connected to network, but not the Internet). I've tried all of the manual DNS settings, and confirmed Verizon is 8888 or 8844. Neither works. Ugh.