Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

SOLVED
Supernova

Re: **SOLUTION** Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

@uservViUfMpfgx: Mind running some test and giving me the results? 

Constellation

Re: **SOLUTION** Connected to wireless network but not the Internet - UN50KU6300FXZA

I'm in the same boat as uservViUfMpfgx

Constellation

This just happened to my TV today as well; was working fine last night, but "connected to wireless, not to Internet" today.  Tried various manual DNS settings (75.75.75.75, 8.8.8.8) with no luck.  All other wireless devices in our house have Internet connectivity.

Constellation

This did not work for me. Now what?

I've verified that the internet is working properly by contacting my provider. Have tried the 8.8.8.8 and that didn't work. Put in the CenturyLInk DNS server IP address. Didn't help. Unplugged TV. Didn't help. Rebooted modem and router many times. All over devices work just fine.  Didn't find anything on Samsung site that helps.

Very frustrating.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Agreed.

Same issue. Connects to the WiFi, but not connected to the Internet.

I have connected to another WiFi access points with the same error message.

2 phone and 2 laptops and 2 tablets are connected to the same WiFi without issue.

I have changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, or 1.1.1.1. I still get the same error message.

I have reset the smarthub, powered off the TV and unplugged it. Powered the TV back in, reconnected to different Wi-Fi points, all with the same error.

I read somewhere else that the Samsung hub uses a Samsung access point online and if that service is down then none of the connections will work other than the web browser.

Constellation

I have 2 Samsung TV. Both of them lost internet connection last night. Connected to WIFI, but no Internet

Cosmic Ray

User uservViUfMpfgx   This is NQ5P

What application do you run on your Samsung TV, and what internet service are you trying to reach?

also, open Settings, then Network, then Network Status (wait for the status to complete), then IP Settings (hint: at the bottom) and tell me what your setting for these parameters are.

IP Setting

IP Address

Subnet Mask

Gateway

DNS Server

Constellation

Same happens to me.  Problems started today, I cannot run any app.

I get the same network status: Connected to wireless network but not the Internet

IP settings look OK:

IP Address 192.168.2.1

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.2.1

DNS server 8.8.8.8

Automatic DNS 192.168.2.1 doesn't work neither.

Router, modem,  and TV rebooted/restarted/unplugged multiple times, no luck...

It seems to me like a general problem, not related to TV itself.

Probably, some site is down or not available. TV fails to connect to this site and decides that there is no Internet .

Astronaut

My TV just stopped the internet today, as well.  It worked fine last night, but tried to get on Netflix this morning and got the same message as the above posters.

Did we all get some kind of broken update to have this happen at the same time? I am about to sell this thing and buy a TV that is just a monitor (not Samsung!!!!!!!) and get ROKU boxes.  This is just garbage with terrible customer service.

Constellation