Cracked screen opening box, but outside 15 day RMA policy

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Cracked screen opening box, but outside 15 day RMA policy

Gentle people,

We just opened the box of a new 32" HDTV bought directly from Samsung, and the screen was badly cracked.  It was a Christmas present, delivered 21 days ago, and that is the source of my huge problem.  Even though we're still in the 30 day return period, Samsung won't generate an RMA for the TV.  The policy is that RMAs must be started within 15 days (which you don't find out about until you realize you have a problem), so no opportunity for a return, and Warrany Repair won't take the TV because it has physical damage.  

Samsung support is saying there is nothing that they can do, even though we're still in the 30 day return period.  If I was trying to return the TV just because I didn't like it, that would be one thing, but I'm in a situation where I have a completely unusable product, and Samsung can't address my problem.

I have emailed a description of my problem using the order support web page, but not sure if there is something else I can do to get some consideration ????  I can undestand if it was day 31, but we're at day 21, with a damaged TV.  Surely someone at Samsung can see the gap I've fallen into and would want to make it good.  If not, I can see at least one good reason why you should not buy directly from Samsung.  This wouldn't be possible if I had bought it from a retail shop.  A 30 day return policy to them isn't 15 days.

Carter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author userIbsvs8pqOU
Saturday

Re: Cracked screen opening box, but outside 15 day RMA policy

I would like to report that Samsung support did review my issue and extended the return time for this case. For a moment I was really worried, but sending email to Samsung from the orders support page, did get the attention I needed.

Happy camper.
Carter
1 REPLY
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author userIbsvs8pqOU
Saturday

Re: Cracked screen opening box, but outside 15 day RMA policy

I would like to report that Samsung support did review my issue and extended the return time for this case. For a moment I was really worried, but sending email to Samsung from the orders support page, did get the attention I needed.

Happy camper.
Carter