DTS Support

Asteroid

DTS Support

I've been informed by a member of the Plex community, that Samsung has not included DTS support on their new line of TV's?  Why is this?

This is one of the reasons I just purchased my new NU8000 Premium Smark 4k UHD TV - UN65NU8000FXZA televisions.

Will this be corrected in a software update that has yet to be released?

See more topics labeled with:

7 REPLIES
Halo

Re: DTS Support

I’m also interested in this. I have a 2018 Q9 75” and was disappointed to learn it won’t pass DTS audio. Dolby digital is ok, but it isn’t 7 channel. This makes watching movies from onboard apps like plex, Netflix, etc, a little handicapped. My hope is that they are saving it for some future upgrade of eARC, but we won’t know anything until it happens.

Astronaut

This is major. I just realized that my new TV does not play DTS audio. This is ridiculous!! Fix it please!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

What's the model of your television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

As stated in the original post:

NU8000 Premium Smark 4k UHD TV - UN65NU8000FXZA

Please let me know when this oversight will be fixed, or if I should have the TV returned for a refund.

Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. After further review, it looks like DTS support is only with certain audio files. The DTS codec is only available for MKV / MP4 / TS formats. This information is also in the user manual for the tv as well. You can find the user manual by visiting the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

The files on the PLEX server are .mkv files.

Samsung Moderator

At this time, 2018 Samsung televisions do not support DTS and DiVX codecs. We are unable to speculate on future software updates and inclusions.