Does DirectTV Now works with Samsung Smart TV?

Astronaut

Re: Does DirectTV Now works with Samsung Smart TV?

Get Amazon TV that has Fire TV built in and you can run anything you like as the only other Andriod TV out their is some on the Somy Tv. We need to stop buying TV that has proprietary Firmware it is that simple as a Andriod OS TV's are the only way to go .  Remember that the next time you looking for a new TV then you don't have to deal with companies that only provide lip service with no solution and unless ansers. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just buy a $30 Roku stick

Constellation

Lame answer

Astronaut

As previously stated there is no DirectTVNow app and that is on AT&T to decide to make the app (thru Direct).  My Samsung TV does allow my LG GPad to Mirrorcast to the screen. It does full screen except for the controls at the bottom. It works at a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

Astronaut

I have a samsung tv and i watch direct now on it. I used the Apple 4K with it. Got it cheaper at at&t store when my phone got damaged.

Astronaut

I do not understand. supposedly modern televisions must have an infinite amplitude to accept new applications.

then I ask myself: is it necessary to opt for other models because Samsung does not allow one to choose the applications for our televisions?

Astronaut

Thanks for the info regarding android OS. It doesn’t make sense that I can get the direct tv app on a Samsung tablet or phone but not on the most expensive devices I own. I currently own three Samsung smart TVs, washer, dryer, 3 phones, 2 tablets and refrigerator. But after reading the reply’s from Samsung regarding this issue, I will not purchase their products in the future.
Constellation

me too samsung lame!

Constellation

I love samsung displays but their way of doing business drives me away everytime.  I haven't bought a samsung phone since 2010 because they never update their phones, they bring out new phones with the update to force you to buy the new phone for the update.  I have been with Google made phones forever now and love it.  I use to have an old plasma tv with a roku box.  I went to buy a new tv and I decided to buy one that would only have the majority of my apps.  I tried samsung and it was terrible lol.  I ended up buying my sexy Roku 4k tv for a quarter of the price. Thought samsung tv are sharper, I still wouldn't pay that price if I can't have my convience lol.  I hope roku makes a tv with the type samsung displays, now that would be heaven lol.  Roku forever!!!!

Astronaut

Thank you.  Although the Samsung picture did seem superior.  Returning Samsung TV.