Fan Error Message on UN78HU9000FXZA 78" Curved UHDTV

Highlighted
Constellation

Fan Error Message on UN78HU9000FXZA 78" Curved UHDTV

About 2 minutes after turning on TV a message is displayed saying there is FAN problem and TV will turn off.  Service manual shows on one fan that is located in One Connect box.  Purchased fan BN31-00036A from Samsung.  Replaced fan in One Connect box. TV no longer displayes FAN error message. 

4 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Fan Error Message on UN78HU9000FXZA 78" Curved UHDTV

We're glad that you were able to get that resolved.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue and ordered the replacement fan from Samsungparts.com.  Without a service manual I was hesitant to go looking for the cooling fan, but thanks to this thread, I realized on the UN78HU9000 series, the cooling fan the error message was referring to was in the One Connect box.  I took the One Connect box apart, cleaned it thoroughly, replaced the fan which was covered in dust and closed it back up.  I realized that I had always kept the One Connect box situated the same way which was with the vents towards the inside of my TV cabinet, so dust and dog hair was accumulating in the vents and in the fan.  I turned the unit around so it can suck cooler, cleaner air and I anticipate a longer time span between maintenance on the cooling fan.   Interestingly, the original fan turned out to be fine after cleaning it up.  I suspect the RPM’s of the fan had decreased due to resistance of accumulated dust and debris. So, I now have a backup fan Incase it ever happens again. 

Samsung Moderator

We're glad that you found a resolution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I am currently experiencing the same issue.  Tried to take the one connect box apart, but could not get the motherboard out.  The end with the connectors seemed to be very well anchored in place.  Can someone tell me how to extract it in one piece, so I can get to the fan?

Thanks