Frame TV 2018 - How to have music continue to play when switching to Art Mode

Constellation

Frame TV 2018 - How to have music continue to play when switching to Art Mode

Hello,

I was informed by Samsung support that currently there is no option for having music/sound continue when you switch from TV mode to Art Mode. In other words, when you have art on the screen, you get no music. It seems to me that adding music capability would be a nice feature to have, so that, for example, if you have the Pandora music app playing on AppleTV and you switch your TV into Art mode, the music would continue to play while you look at one or other pieces of art.

I would like to offer this as a requested feature. How exactly does Samsung go about collecting user feature requests for the FrameTV? Is there a designated software team? Do they have a punch list of features they are working on or considering? How would I go about moving this idea forward?

thanks, Ernest

10 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Frame TV 2018 - How to have music continue to play when switching to Art Mode

We will forward your request accordingly. 

Cosmic Ray

Re: Frame TV 2018 - How to have music continue to play when switching to Art Mode

Don't hold your breath.  Even when Samsung advertises that it has implemented such a feature, it's not there.

Here's what’s up on the Samsung website claiming that if you buy a new QLED, you can do this in Ambient Mode:

With our new Ambient Mode, you can elevate your living room with decorative content, useful information and your own photos. You won’t notice the TV on the wall as it blends perfectly with your décor, and it can even play a bit of light background music.”

(emphasis added).  The truth is, like just about every claim Samsung has made about Ambient Mode, this statement is a lie-- there is no setting in Ambient Mode for playing music (either onscreen of in SmartThings).  If, for instance, you've got Spotify going and switch to Ambient Mode, you kill the sound.

So, I'm sure that the Moderators have "passed along your request," and Samsung will duly give it the same consideration as it does the complaints about the scam that is Ambient Mode -- NONE.

Astronaut

I would second this request. We have just purchased the Frame tv and don’t want to see the Spotify screen while playing music.

Astronaut

We returned our QLED tv as the ambient mode was so useless! I managed to upload photos but the display of several images was embarrassingly bad with peculiar text added.  I discovered without a Samsung cloud account I could not create a slideshow.

Astronaut

Yes us too!! I would love to put on Spotify and switch to art mode Smiley Wink

Astronaut

Please add this option!

Astronaut

Same here. Make it work Samsung!

Astronaut

I can't wait either. Spotify + Art mode = Fun!

Astronaut

Yes, art plus music feature