HBO Now login Invalid Samsung Account

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: HBO Now login Invalid Samsung Account

@samsungjam Looking forward to it. Thank you!

Cosmic Ray

Raymund wrote:

i must have reset both the smart hub and the tv itself at least 8 times now since yesterday

this would be the only time that when i open the HBO Now app, it will tell me i have an invalid Samsung account

if i exit the app and go back in, i would then just get the regular sign in page for HBO that the others have described here

my Samsung account is valid

i have even tried 3 different email addresses

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/TVCredit/en-us/rules

so, my tv purchase came with 9 months of free hbo

samsung had already emailed me the code for this

this HBO Now app is supposed to generate a code that I will enter at

https://www.samsungcheckout.com/payon/authCode.do

it's not giving me a code

and nobody from Samsung's or HBO's support lines have an idea of what I am yapping about

I have exactly the same issue even the same email date. Where is the resolution to this problem. I have PM'd the moderators with my email and model, but I have not heard back from anybody in a week now. What do I do from here? Costco has a 90 day return policy and I may have to do that and get another brand TV if this is not resolved very soon. 

Constellation

@samsungjam

look at what they emailed me regarding that ticket number

Hello

Thanks for the inquiry. In order to receive a code via email a submission must be complete first. Please visit promos.samsungpromotions.com/tvcredit/ and follow the instructions to make your claim.

Thank you,

Samsung Tier II Promotion Support

...and round and round we go

Constellation

@Billwinkle I finally got it working after 3 weeks. Thanks mate!

Astronaut

I have this exact problem with my Samsung 4k UHD tv and am going to try your solution.

Constellation

Samsung should fire many at the top of their support department for not clearly ending this aggravation by providing an update to fix all of this.  And you cannot get any help from anyone because you will spend hours trying to fix this.  How many bad posts about these excellent products have been posted?  How many of these TVs have been returned? Totally ridiculous.  

After 14 hrs of aggravations and false promises.   HERE IT THE FIX.

UNPLUG, not just turn off, FOR AT LEAST 1 MINUTE.  POWER BACK UP

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I had the issue with not getting a 'device authentication' code- the instructions are unclear - use the 'start free trial' button, enter your email address, then you will get the device authentication code you can use on samsumgcheckout.com on a PC/phone. After entering a credit card, you can go back to the TV, press continue, and use the 'redeem coupon' button at the top. Enter the HBO code here. Capitilzation of the code matters.

Constellation

useryBnE7S8rob wrote:

I had the issue with not getting a 'device authentication' code- the instructions are unclear - use the 'start free trial' button, enter your email address, then you will get the device authentication code you can use on samsumgcheckout.com on a PC/phone. After entering a credit card, you can go back to the TV, press continue, and use the 'redeem coupon' button at the top. Enter the HBO code here. Capitilzation of the code matters.

This one worked for me... thanks

Constellation

I have had pretty much all of the errors listed from invalid account on the Samsung Checkout on TV app to AuthCode expired jsut after doing that . . . that said I did already have an HBONow account via iTunes App Store on my iPhone and it worked but what I have not been able to do is setup HBO Now through the Samsung Checkout on TV app on the "Smart TV" which means I miss out on the $75 credet or 10 months free or whatever it is ... but really it is bigger than that becasue thier App don't work so if I did have to use that feature on the new TV to purchae an App or something it won't work.

So my first go around with Samsung Tech Supt was about 11 hours and 15+ phone calls due to the transfers and hang-ups or disconnects . . . I called back again on Sun and was told to send an email to payontv.help@samsung.com and no answer.

Samsung's Tech Support is horrable and there software on the New 4K Ultra Smart TVs is buggy at best

Highlighted
Constellation

Unbelievable. In my company we would be pragmatic and take one of these new TVs with the HBO NOW promo off the shelf and try to activate HBO NOW. We would then probably run into all the problems mentioned in this forum. Next we would get our geeks to fix this, check that it works and then publish the validated procedure. Finally we would fire the dude that came up with the prodedure on the little card you get with the TV that does not work.

Dont know why Samsung cannot do this basic troubleshooting procedure. It is curious how Samsung can build a sophisticated TV but is unable to fix this little bug that causes its customers to spend frustrating hours searching for a  fix. Or maybe they dont build this sohisticated TV at all, maybe they buy it in China and put their label on it. And finally, most scary, maybe they deliberately publish a defective procedure, hoping customers will get frustrated and say "screw it", thus saving Samsung $$$ with HBO. Perhaps this is why their CEO is looking at jailtime???

Good TV, bad company.