HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

Constellation

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

The HDR10+ was demoed at a show for the first time on a KS TV, they wont bother since they want us to buy newer models. Thats ok, but for sure it will not be a Samsung model after this.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

If you search online you will see that a lot of people are claiming that 1209.0 update has HDR 10+ I did compare it to my Q8C watching the same content (maybe post some pics but I don't think it will do it justice). It looks really good I say just as good or better, both my TV's are professionally calibrated.

The Q8C is my last Samsung TV, I do love both my KS8500 and my Q8C but my Sony Oled A1E and it's updates just make you feel like someone actually cares about the product I purchased. It's funny how getting some new features and a new look make you feel happy about your product. The one problem with owning an Oled is that no matter what you are always worried about burn in, at least I am and thats annoying but it hasn't really happened and the picture is still as beautiful as when I got it.

Having a lot apps to choose from and not only that getting proper quick updates to your apps is also amazing which we don't get with Samsung TV's. You see Sony show off a new TV and you see those updates those new features and that new look and you'll get that on your 2017 TV but you go with Samsung you better get used to what you have cause chances are it's not changing and you won't be getting those apps you want either and forget about gettting updates to those apps.

Anyone remember that the KS series was suppose to have SmartThings intergration... what happened to that, go check out the new Q line of TV's that's were you'll find it. They could give you that option on your 2016 and 2017 models but they won't because it's samsung and theres no money in that.

Honestly everything they are showing off about the new Tizen on the new line of television is stuff that could be added to 2016 to 2017 TV's maybe all the mid and high range of televisions doesn't seem like it's anything special that this TV's couldn't run.

Constellation

I, like many, bought a Samsung on the promise of hdr10+, or I world have bought another brand, I paid, like many, a lot of money for this set (ks8500), the least Samsung could do is answer the question, will they ou won't they?

Constellation

Is anyone going to actually start a lawsuit? We need this update!

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

@useryzhTQlfkC9wrote:

The TV won't tell you if its HDR 10+ just like your TV won't say that it's HDR 10.  No matter what it is it will only say HDR video is playing, Prime Video app is the only app that tells you this as it has been removed from everything else. I own a QLed 2017 which has HDR 10+ and the Prime Video app doesn't show that it's content is HDR 10+ in the description and the TV also won't tell you (display) that it's HDR 10+ because HDR is HDR doesn't matter what kind.

That's not the reason. According to Amazon themselves, the Prime Video app DOES show if it's HDR10+; therefore if it doesn't say HDR10+ on the screen in the app before you press "play", it's not HDR10+. 

Quote from Amazon's help:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201648150&sa-no-redirect=1

=============

Prime Video Title Availability

HDR Prime Video titles are offered in two formats:

• HDR - HDR titles feature an "HDR" label as well as HDR purchase and viewing options in the video details.
  • HDR10+ - Select UHD Samsung TVs (2017 and later models) can stream Prime Video content In the HDR10+ format. If your television is compatible, and the Prime Video title supports it, an "HDR10+" label appears instead of the normal "HDR" label in the video details.
  • Dolby Vision – Certain HDR titles feature Dolby Vision, which is the Dolby Labs HDR standard. For these titles, a "Dolby Vision" icon shows in the video details instead of an "HDR" label.

=============

It would be crazy to release a format with such a blaze of publicity and then go to such lengths as to hide from the user whether it's been used or not, and make it impossible to tell.

Both Amazon *AND* Samsung have a lot of work on their user interfaces.

The format that's being labelled wrongly in the Amazon Video app is HDR10. They should NOT use the generic label "HDR"  for HDR10, it's misleading and confusing for customers and basically is saying "HDR10+ isn't a form of HDR" and "dolby vision isn't a form of HDR" by separating those formats out, but not the HDR10 format. It's not consistent or helpful.

Asteroid

I have a Q8 2017 I'm telling you this HDR10+ label is not anywhere just says HDR that's it. I actually had seen that before on their page and I did contact Amazon about it and I was told oh we just didn't label it HDR10+ because HDR is HDR and trust me you'll get no help from Samsung. If anyone is actaully seen this on their Qled 2017 TV's please let me know.

Asteroid

Can we get a yes no or even a maybe if the KS9800, KS9500, KS9000, KS8000, KS8500 will get the HDR10+ update as promised a year ago in your press release April 2017? Simple question

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I would really like to see this answered! So far I am not happy with the picture on my SUHD 2016 TV, and them possibly not wanting to continue supporting it makes me leary of purchasing Samsung in the future.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Lol Samsung forreal for forcing us to continuing to purchase their brand based on false promises. I will happily tell everyone I know to boycott this brand. Funny that they risk their loyal fans over a lie... That's 50% of your clients  and now you'll lose stock/profits in the future. Each customer who would of purchased a Samsung every 5 years won't purchase them at all since they want us to buy new models every 2 years. You guys should check TCL out...I wish I did not but it's too late now after spending my minimum wage money.... Samsung do yourself a favor and correct your terrible publicity to keep customers. If you ever come out with this update I'll praise this company all over the web...if not I declare war. If the moderators can't confirm this on their account they should create a fake account to leak the update if it's as promised or a hoax. Don't bite the hands that feed you, with us customers being the hands and the food as our wallets... Do what's right!!!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Below is a link to a petition recently initiated by the well-known to request the release of the HDR10 + feature for the Samsung KS 2016 TV series with a 10-bit panel. The more we are, the better it is.

PS: remember to confirm the petition by clicking on the link that will arrive at the email you indicated at the beginning.