HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

Constellation

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

I'm actively telling everyone to avoid Samsung TVs. The software support on this thing is horrendous.

Constellation

Samsung just started updating all 2018 models with HDR10+ update. https://www.fiercevideo.com/tech/samsung-panasonic-begin-pushing-firmware-for-hdr10-devices

Samsung we are waiting for this update for ours KS series models! Dont screw it up!

Constellation

SAMSUNG annonce uptdate HDR10+ juste for 2018 series !!!!!!
We still waiting Samsung .....
Astronaut

Samsung think in global market will be aware of the lack of truth. I own a ks7000, Spain, and here also people is worried and for sure you are going to lose a lot of customers.

Samsumg sé honesto y cumple tu palabra.

Cosmic Ray

I don't have high hopes for HDR10+ support on my 2016 models. Seems that Samsung is ending updates earlier and earlier in the life of their TVs, I suppose to encourage customers to purchase new sets to get newer technologies. Sad really. The KS8000/8500 were really ahead of their time and could have been future proofed at least another year or more with such updates, but I guess nowadays that is not a profitable approach.

Constellation

Where is the link to the petition?  I see that SamsungMichelle edited the post (my guess is to remove the link). 

This was my first expirience with a Samsung TV and I am extremly disappointed. Between inconsistent firware releases that seem to break certain features, the whole smartthings integreation debacle and now the HDHR10+ support lie - this will be my last Samsung TV purchase.  But I would at least like to see new features supported on a 2 year old tv.

Cosmic Ray

I feel even worse. Have been purchasing Samsung TVs and Home Theater products exclusively for over 10 years and currently have a KS8000 and 8500, as well as 3 other sets (2 older 1 newer). I feel cheated for supporting a company so loyally only to be deceived in terms of future hopes for my porducts.

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

I feel you; I've been calling Samung every week since June trying to figure this thing out and they finally get back to me only to tell me that they never announced the HDR10+ update. So not only are they belittling me, they are also outright lying; very dissapointed and frustrated by Samsung.

I will not be buying Samsung ever again, period. I will look into taking them to court as well, I have a few laywer friends and they think I have an easy case here. Thankfully I screenshotted the announcement before they took it down from their website.

Constellation

they told you they never announced an update? well...its very interesting. Can someone from Samsung support can clear this up? are we getting update or not?

Constellation

I would like to know as well since I have the ks8000 to and is very disappointed. This was my first time going into a Samsung brand and I will never buy a new product from them if they do this!